Wedding Countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Clarification

The below post makes it seem that Shakespeare is not fun. On the contrary- We are starting with a Midsummer Night's Dream. I took Shakespeare for fun, and it is. However, for the next seven weeks everything is going to be overshadowed by the heavy reading for the Gospels. Heavy, yet in some ways very interesting but difficult to plow through.

The readings for Shakespeare are:

A Midsummer Night's Dream
The Merchant of Venice
Twelfth Night (it will be hard for me to remember that Viola is NOT the character from Shakespeare in Love)
Richard II
Henry V
Othello
King Lear
Hamlet
Macbeth

Shakespeare is being taught by a nun that reminds me of our first principle when we started at Lacordaire, Sister Michael Maurice (shudder..). However, she is the former head of the drama department and ADORES Shakespeare. I do suspect that she will not find humor in that I have always imagined a dog when Lady Macbeth says "out damn spot" :)

3 comments:

the dragonfly said...

That's a great list! I know you have lots of heavy reading...but I hope you can enjoy Shakespeare's plays. :)

painted maypole said...

oooh... i wish i could come to class with you!

Helen/Spike and Drusilla OK Citizens said...

just the mention of Sr Michael sets all my hair on end