Wedding Countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Somewhat Wordless Wednesday


Meet Isis. Isis is Mike's 14 year old doberman that he inherited when his mom died three years ago. I am not a doberman fan but this one has my heart. She is a sweetheart that brings me shoes and socks as gifts when I walk in the house. When I leave the house, she brings Mike whatever article of clothing I have left behind as a way of saying, she is coming back- right? Isis is not long for this world. She is eating like a horse, playing, happy but losing weight, has multiple tumors, and frequently urinates blood. This is going to be awful all the way around. Isis is one of the last tangible things of his mom that Mike has. In the meantime, I am determined to spoil her rotten.

3 comments:

Gberger said...

She is lovely. I hope you get to enjoy each other's company for as long as possible. Maybe you can take pics of her and Mike; he might appreciate having those. God bless all three of you...and your sweet kitty, of course!

Not Your Aunt B said...

The photos of her and Mike is a great idea. I know my sister appreciated that when her dog passed. It sucks when pets get old. At least you and Mike will make her life very happy until then.

Najia said...

Ok, so you totally know that I am now, more than ever, Mike's fan, right? 1 million percent! I love my old doggies beyond belief, and everyone says we're crazy for rescuing such old dogs, but there is just something about them....Isis is a lucky gal, and she looks so regal in the picture! Kisses to her from me!