Wedding Countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Monday, April 20, 2009

A post to make you all go AWWWW!

Mike and I were supposed to go to the Phillies game tonight. It has been postponed due to rain. But not until Mike was already on the road. He is coming to my office. We will have dinner and he will head home. He is not happy.

We have spent the greater part of the afternoon IM'ing as to whether or not the game would be postponed. The Phillies site had the game to be played as scheduled. He was not happy and I knew he was not but I was determined to go to the game- good weather or bad. He was a trooper and never once asked me to reconsider.

He called me from the turnpike and said "Guess what just came across KYW? The game has been cancelled." I mumbled something I will not share. Then I asked if he wanted to come to me and have dinner before going home. He said, yes, a little less enthusiastically. I said "At least you won't be wet and cold, and you get to see me".

His response: "The only reason I was coming down was because I love you. The Phillies are not worth it". That was when I melted.

4 comments:

Gberger said...

AWWWW is right! He has his priorities straight- I like that in a person! I hope you have a wonderful dinner together.

HWHL said...

I think you should get down on one knee and propose.

This guy is a TOTAL keeper. :-)

Amanda said...

Awwwwwwwwww!

Not Your Aunt B said...

Awwwww! What a guy!